My Right Now Obsession

My obsession of the moment.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Butterfly Wing

Crisis averted! I had been brooding over the fact that I couldn't order the butterfly wing plate from Nailz Craze because my childlike nail beds are about half the size of her small wing image. Determined, I wondered how hard could it possibly be to paint some lines and dots on myself. It's not hard at all! It just takes patience. The most frustrating part is having to clean your brush after each nail in acetone to get rid of the goop that builds up from drying nail polish.


The lines could have been a little cleaner but this was a first try. I'll definitely be doing this again and trying different colors. I was trying to go for an iridescent wing look with China Glaze Rare & Radiant from their Bohemian collection. Again, I had issues capturing the duochrome on camera but from this angle you can see the blue around the edges.


China Glaze - Rare & Radiant
Wet n Wild - Black Creme
Wet n Wild - French White Creme

No comments:

Post a Comment